Friday, May 17, 2019

Mother's Day

Okay, y'all.  I have a semester's worth of pictures that I haven't posted.  There's a certain little monster around here named James that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do pretty much anything, haha!  But I have soooo many things that I'm wanting to get done around the house before Eden and Ila are out of school for the summer, so I asked my mom to come over today just to play with and take care of James so that I can get some stuff done!  I'm going to attempt to crank out a few blog posts today while she's here.  It sounds silly, but I want my camera to be cleared out and all my pictures uploaded and labeled to my Flickr account so that I'm starting fresh for summer!

I'll start with this past Sunday, Mother's Day.  I requested a day spent at The 290, some property my family owns not far from our house.  I think I've posted about it before.  We love going out there!  I wanted us to spend the day at the tank, fishing and swimming, and I asked for a paddle boat as my Mother's Day gift.


YAY!  Dustin got it for me!

So on Saturday, Eden found a baby turtle in our garage.  She named him/her Mortle, and he/she spent the night in our bathtub until we got to The 290 the next day and released him.



James was very mad at me because I made him wear a life jacket.


He had to pout and cry about it for about five minutes.  Then he decided to get over it.



The splashing that you see is Eden!  She jumped off and swam around.

Ila was the luckiest fisher that day!  Pretty much the second her hook was in the water each time, she got a fish.  I lost count of how many she caught!



Dustin handled all the fish for her after she caught them, but after a while, he tried to get her to hold one herself.  It didn't go well.



We told her to hold it by the mouth, but as soon as Dustin let go, Ila dropped it.  And then just stared at it.  Eden started screaming at her that it was going to die if she didn't hurry up and get it.



She tried, but no.

James and Eden had no problem touching it.


After a traumatic few minutes, the fish was thrown back into the water to live another day.








Eden was the only one who would brave the cold water.  I thought we would all swim, but it rained every day last week and the temperatures were still chilly, and that water was COLD!  I wouldn't go past my ankles!


The boy in the green shorts up there is Rylen!  He spent the day with us too!  Eden and Ila were thrilled!  It was a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment