Friday, March 8, 2019

Bye Bye, Baby!

When it comes to how old a little boy looks, his actual age doesn't matter.  It's all about that first haircut.  When they have long hair, baby baby baby.  But as soon as that hair gets cut, BAM!  Big boy!

With this knowledge, I've been putting James's first haircut off.  James is blessed with beautiful, silky, thick, shiny hair and, up until today, he had the most gorgeous curls.  And I've refused to get it cut.  Everywhere we go, people tell me and Dustin how beautiful our THREE GIRLS are.  Dustin has been asking for months when I was going to get it cut.  After a while, even my mom started asking because his hair is always in his eyes.  A few friends even asked what the hold-up was.  But I just wasn't ready.  I loved, loved, loved his baby curls.  His baby curls that made him look like a baby.  I knew once they were gone, he'd look all grown up.  I told Dustin over and over, "MY baby!  That I suffered for!  I'll get it cut when I'M ready!!!!"

Then a couple of mornings ago, I woke up, and during breakfast, I just realized that I was ready.  All of a sudden I knew that it was time.

So after Eden and Ila were off to school this morning, James and I were off to College Station for his first haircut!


James obviously had no idea what we were doing, but he was really excited when we walked in and he saw all the cool cars!

The before pictures:






The during pictures:








 The starting to lose interest pictures:



The so close to being finished picture:


And the after pictures:




Now I know I'm his mama, but people... that is an adorable kid right there!!!!  :)

I definitely felt a twinge in my heart when I watched her snip those first curls, but it's all good!  He looks so handsome!

We left with a certificate of his first haircut (Y'all, they gave me a girl's certificate!  I didn't even notice until we were home!  It has a pink border and says "her" on it!) and a little baggie of curls.

Bye bye, baby!  Hello, big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment