Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday Favorites

Okay.  So I'm going to do this new thing where every Friday, I post about my favorite moments from the week.  I'm going to TRY to keep it up!  Here's the first post!

This has actually been a weird week.  Dustin was in Matagorda last weekend, and while cooking, he slipped in some oil or water or something (I wasn't there, the details are fuzzy), and he fell and landed in/on a fire pit!!  His neck, ear, and patch on his stomach are all burned a little bit.  But his arm, which landed against the hot metal is AWFUL!  Supposedly everybody was trying to get him to go to the hospital after it happened, but he refused.  He called to tell me he burned himself, but he downplayed it SO MUCH!  When he walked in the house on Sunday, I WAS SHOCKED when I saw his arm.  About fifty percent of his arm is burned, and I can barely stand to look at it!  Like, I actually start gagging.  It's so bad!  He was also feeling really crummy because of a sinus infection, so on Monday, I took him to the doctor.  He got antibiotics for his sinus infection and arm, and some cream for his arm.  He has to keep the cream on and his arm wrapped 24/7.  Between his sinuses and his burns, he's been pretty grumpy, but it's also been really nice having him home!  I've enjoyed just laying on the couch watching TV with him in the afternoons while Eden is at school and Ila and James are napping.  It's not very often these days that we get time to do that in the middle of the afternoon!  I'm going to be sad when he goes back to work on Monday!

some photos from the week:

 my happy little man

 Before Dustin got home on Sunday, I gave Eden and Ila a Spa Day!  They soaked their feet in warm water with essential oils.  I made them face masks out of yogurt, banana, and honey.  I gave them foot massages and rubbed lotion all over their legs.  I painted their fingernails and toenails.  It was really fun!

 I love how Ila always chooses her boots to wear to ballet and tap class!

I gave Eden her first ever piano lesson after school today!  All three of my kiddos will be forced to take piano lessons from me.  I figure... hey, this is actually something I can teach them and don't have to pay anybody else for!

With Dustin still recovering, we have ZERO plans this weekend.  I told Eden and Ila that we can blow up the air mattress, make a huge pallet in the living room, and watch lots of movies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment