Tuesday, April 3, 2018

An Amazing Easter Weekend

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.

I am still recovering from an amazing, incredible, yet exhausting Easter weekend!  We crammed a lot into a few short days!

Let's see... I dyed Easter eggs with the girls.  We baked three desserts.  We went to the community Easter egg hunt.  Dustin put together four lasagnas from scratch on Saturday for us to eat at my grandma's on Sunday evening.  We had friends over on Saturday night for an outdoor movie followed by a glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt.  We went to church.  We had Dustin's parents, my mom and Mark, my Grandma Jan, my Aunt Kristi and Uncle James over on Sunday afternoon and served ham, brussel sprouts, potatoes, and cornbread.  Then we headed over to Pops and Granny's house that evening to see my dad and Susie, my brother and Audrey, my Uncle Harold and Aunt Robin, and all of our cousins to eat the lasagnas and have another Easter egg hunt for the kids.

What a wonderful weekend full of family and Jesus.  I love these holidays even more now as Eden understands what they mean.  She memorized John 3:16 last week at school, and I had her recite it for everybody on Sunday, and when it was time to eat, she prayed before the meal.  A simple prayer:

Dear Jesus, Thank you for dying on the cross so that I can go to Heaven one day.  Amen.

Short, sweet, and completely to the point!  And hearing her little voice praying those words and understanding why we celebrate Easter brings tears to my eyes.

I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!

I didn't take near as many pictures as I wish I would've.  But that just means that I was enjoying myself and my loved ones too much to bother with my camera!  Here are some that I did take though:







 dressed and ready for Good Friday church

 I love having these pictures of all their gifts laid out... 
it so represents who they are and what they love right now!  

 For instance... Ila is all registered to start preschool this fall.  She is SO thrilled and has been telling me she needs a backpack!  She is also completely obsessed with the TV show, Goldie and Bear.




 ready to hunt some eggs at the Community Easter Egg Hunt

 sweet friends enjoying bunny bait popcorn and the movie, Hop


 I got this Easter present for James, but Eden and Ila love it too!



 sweet cousins lined up in age order before hunting more eggs



"There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter."

No comments:

Post a Comment