Friday, January 9, 2015

Sweet Ila Faith's Baptism


We had Ila baptized on Saturday, December 27th.  It was a little hectic to go from Christmas to getting everything ready for the Baptism, but everything turned out perfectly!

We did it right at Christmastime because we asked my cousin, Calli, to be one of the Godmothers, and she lives in California but was coming to Texas for Christmas.  When I started looking at possible dates during the time that she would be here, I chose December 27th because that's also Pops and Granny's anniversary.  So little Miss Ila was baptized on Pops and Granny's 61st anniversary in the same church where they were married.



Same Jesus.


In addition to Calli, we asked our good friends Johnny and Brandi to be Godparents.  Which means that Ila has three Godparents and Eden only has two.  That may not seem like a big deal, but it was a really big decision for me!  You see, Marshall has more Godparents than me.  When I asked my mom if she thought it would be bad for Ila to have more Godparents than Eden, she said, "Well Marshall has more than you, and it never bothered you, did it?"  Um, actually it did.  He ALWAYS got more presents than me at Christmas, and when I was, you know, six and stuff, that used to really piss me off!  Then there was the year that his Godfather gave him a PUPPY for Christmas, and I STILL remember my raging jealousy!  So YES, I always thought it was unfair that he had more than me!  Calli, Brandi, Johnny - no super awesome Christmas presents for Ila unless y'all have a super awesome Christmas present for Eden too, ya'll hear?

And yes, I know the role their Godparents are REALLY supposed to have in their lives!

Moving on.

Ila wore the same little dress that Eden was baptized in.  The little Baby Dior number that my dad and Susie bought in Paris when I was pregnant with Eden.  Which means that both my daughters have worn a dress more expensive than anything I've ever worn!  Her sweet little booties came from Calli, the bracelet she wore was given to her by my dad and Susie when she was born, her necklace came from my Grandma Jan, and her precious little blanket was made by my Godmother, Sheryl.


I wore pink that day because she's a girl.  Nobody else got the memo.  She was baptized with the same water that Dustin and Eden were baptized with... the water that I brought back from the River Jordan especially for Dustin's Baptism in 2008.  I feel so left out!

Our attempt at a family photo that day:


This is my favorite though.  I've titled it "Ila is screaming.  Let's just look at her and do nothing about it."


It was cold and rainy that day.  Other than giving me a bad hair day, it turned out to be nice as everybody came back to our house after the service for stew that Dustin had made, and we had a fire going.


It was Dustin's idea to put little baby hot sauces for the stew on the tables.  I heart him.





After everybody left, we took one of the flower arrangements and the leftover cake to Pops and Granny's house to celebrate THEIR day too!

oh look!  my hair before I got soaking wet!

Ila Faith, I'm so glad God chose me to be your Mama.

She had an after party outfit too!

It was a beautiful day!  Thank you to our friends and family for coming to celebrate with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment