Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blessed

Eden was baptized last Saturday, April 28th.  It was such a beautiful day! 

In front of our family and friends, Dustin, my brother, Marshall, my best friend, Kate and I dedicated Baby Girl to the Lord.  How wonderful.  How powerful.  How absolutely amazing.

Some photos from the day:



I mentioned how my dad and Susie went to Paris a few months ago and brought back two dresses for Eden... One she wore on Easter... And this is the other one.  I adore this little dress.  As soon as I saw it, I knew she had to wear it somewhere special.  I decided to have her baptized in it, because what's more special than that?  I took it out of the box MANY times before her Baptism just to look at it because I loved it so much!  Baby Girl was of course stunning in it!


Back in 2008 I was fortunate enough to go to Israel.  Dustin was going to be baptized a few weeks later so I brought back holy water from the River Jordan for him to be baptized with.  After he was baptized, I scooped the water back up to save.  Eden was baptized with that same water.  I again saved the water, and it's sitting on a shelf in my living room to be used on any other Baby Hargraves Dustin and I might have.  I bought the glass bottle from Hobby Lobby... When I brought the water from Israel, I just had it in a plastic water bottle! :)


I was nervous about how Eden was going to react to water being dumped on her head.  She's still not a huge fan of bath time, but she was perfectly content. 


After the service, everyone came back to our house for lunch.  Dustin made ribs and chicken so of course they were delicious because anything that Dustin makes is delicious.  Thank you to everyone who brought appetizers and sides and desserts.  I made sugar cookies and rolls.  I decided to make the sugar cookies early in the week, and then Dustin asked me if I would make the Texas Roadhouse Copycat Rolls.  I had made them before, and he loved them.  At the time it didn't seem like a big deal so I said yes.  Between making 5 dozen sugar cookies and 5 dozen rolls, I was in the kitchen for two days covered in flour and rolling out dough.  It will be a LONG time before I will mess with dough again.  I was so sick of freaking dough by Friday night!




I wanted to have petit fours instead of a cake because they are wee and cute... just like her!




Dustin, Eden and I are so blessed.  The day was perfect, and we are so happy that we were able to celebrate Eden's special day with so many friends and family.  Eden was so happy on Saturday.


She's still recovering though.  The day wore her (and Dustin apparently) out!  She slept yesterday for five hours straight!


Eden and Dustin stayed sleeping like this for a while after everyone left!  It makes my heart happy.


I was there to hear your borning cry,
I'll be there when you are old.
I rejoiced the day you were baptized,
to see your life unfold.
I was there when you were but a child,
with a faith to suit you well;
In a blaze of light you wandered off
to find where demons dwell.

When you heard the wonder of the Word
I was there to cheer you on;
You were raised to praise the living Lord,
to whom you now belong.
If you find someone to share your time
and you join your hearts as one,
I'll be there to make your verses rhyme
from dusk 'till rising sun.

In the middle ages of your life,
not too old, no longer young,
I'll be there to guide you through the night,
complete what I've begun.
When the evening gently closes in,
and you shut your weary eyes,
I'll be there as I have always been
with just one more surprise.

I was there to hear your borning cry,
I'll be there when you are old.
I rejoiced the day you were baptized,
to see your life unfold.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jenni how beautiful! I thought I saw your mom pull out of industry yesterday and I remembered how wonderful your family is! Ya'll are so blessed and I can not wait until Eden and Saige can play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! I can't wait until they can play together too!

      Delete
  2. That is one of my most favorite hymns!

    ReplyDelete