Monday, February 6, 2012

My Adorable Little Football

Today was supposed to be Eden's due date.  Which is really weird to me.  For so many months, this is the day that I was aiming for, counting down to, looking forward to.  But God had other plans.  And I feel so blessed that today, on Eden's due date, I've already had almost three weeks of Baby Eden goodness!

Yesterday was Eden's first Superbowl.  Dustin is all about Superbowl.  We have a Superbowl party every year.  (Although this year I put my foot down a little bit and insisted that we have something low-key with only a few people.  Dustin obliged.)

Since I knew Eden's due date was around Superbowl, I had in it my head for months that if she was born before it, then I wanted to dress her up like a football.  I told Dustin on Saturday how bummed I was because I never managed to get the stuff to make her a football onesie.  I'm not ready to leave Eden, but I'm also not ready to take her into a germy store!  But Dustin surprised me...  He went grocery shopping on Saturday to get everything for the party, and when he came home he had all my supplies to make Eden her football!  He actually couldn't find a plain brown onesie anywhere, so he bought a white one and some brown dye.  So I dyed her onesie brown and then cut strips of elastic and glued them down. 

And she was the cutest little thing EVER!


Awwwwwwwwwwww.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Dustin went to so much trouble to find the supplies, and I love that he surprised you.

    ReplyDelete