Saturday, February 18, 2012

Eden - One Month


I cannot believe it's been one month since Eden was born!  That is crazy to me!  And scary!  And just a reminder of how I need to savor each and every moment. 

When I cried and cried about Eden turning one week, Dustin asked me how in the world I would ever be able to handle her turning one month.  But I'm handling it pretty well actually!  No tears yet! =)

I plan to take her picture each month on her little lamb. 

Eden has yet to sleep in her crib.  She sleeps in a bassinet in our room every night.  Before she was born I had the bassinet on my side of the bed, but away from the bed up against the wall.  And I told myself that it was only for the first month and after a month, she would start sleeping in her room.  Well since she's been here, the bassinet is right up against our bed every night so that I can just reach out and hold her little hand or rub her little head in the night.  And I'm not even close to ready for her to sleep in her crib.  I'm not even sure why she has a crib actually.  Or a room.  Her room is pretty much just a place where I keep her clothes. 

It's been raining like crazy here lately.  Last night it was pouring and lightning and thundering outside, and Dustin was gone.  So Eden and I curled up in bed together at about 6:30 to watch a movie.  It'll be really fun one day when we do that together and she's actually aware of what's going on!  Today is another gray, dreary, misty, rainy day.  But I enjoy days like that every once in a while.  The three of us are all snuggled up nice and warm.  So I'm gonna get off the computer now and get back to my family! =)

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry, and I thought, "Now why would this make me cry??", but then it hit me. It's because you are so happy, and ultimately that is all we truly want for our children. (Well, happiness and eternal life. ha!) But reading this shows how blessed you are; how happy you are. You do have a beautiful life, and you know that. You aren't taking it for granted like some do. You are savoring it. And I love that you are..... I pray that you and Eden always remain close. That you and Eden stay as close as you and I are ... I love you, pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete