Friday, July 6, 2018

Friday Favorites

On Sunday, I had a Mommy/Eden day, and Dustin had a Daddy/Ila day.  (My mom came and stayed with James so we could do this.)  Eden and I went and saw "Swan Lake" at the Houston Ballet.  I had so much fun being with her.  We were able to talk, uninterrupted by any other siblings, and she was in awe of the ballerinas! 


Meanwhile, Dustin and Ila went to Main Event and went bowling and played arcade games.

On Monday, I turned 32, and Dustin turned 33.  When my mom was over on Sunday, she left behind an envelope that said "Do not open until your birthday."  When I opened it first thing Monday morning, I found a poem that my Grandpa John wrote for me thirty years ago.  It was an amazing, wonderful, sweet surprise... to have a little part of him with me on my birthday.  




Dustin had to check a job in Houston, and he asked if we wanted to go with.  So we did, and after sitting at the job site for a bit, he took us to a birthday lunch at Pappasitos.  Sangria and table side guacamole...?  Yes, please!  I was happy!   We came home, and the five of us spent the evening the pool.

Wednesday was the 4th of July.



 James really doesn't like it when we try to hold him down for pictures!  haha!

My grandpa turned 86 on the 3rd, and we had a little family party for him on the 4th.  Hot dogs, corn on the cob, cake, and cousins running around playing!



On Thursday, we spent the day at Blue Bell with more cousins who are visiting right now from California.






I took pictures of all the kids together at Blue Bell, but I'm sad that I didn't think to take a picture of me and Calli!

It's weeks like this, where I spent so much time with so many different family members, that I feel so extremely blessed to have the family that I do!  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment