Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ila - 10 Months!


My girl turned 10 months old on Monday.  Whaaaa?!!  We've started discussing plans for her 1st birthday party, and that is just craziness!

At Ila's 9 month check-up a few weeks ago, the doctor was very excited that Ila is BACK ON THE CHARTS!  She is currently weighing in at the sixth percentile!


However, her head is measuring in the 87th percentile.  The doc is a little concerned about the giant difference so we have another appointment next week so the doctor can check her head again.  The doctor has never met Dustin.  I'm pretty sure if she did, she would take one look at his humongous head and just be like, "ohhhhh....".  So Ila - teeny-tiny with a giant head apparently.

Ila's army crawling days are long gone, and she crawls for real now.  She wants to stand alllll the time.  Which is a problem sometimes - like when I'm trying to pull her in a wagon or give her a bath.  She doesn't understand why she can't stand up in a wet, slippery bathtub.  She can walk herself along a piece of furniture as long as she doesn't let go.  This past weekend she climbed all the way up our stairs by herself (with Dustin right behind her).

She hates the word "no".  I have to use that word a lot lately - like when she tries to eat dog food or pull a knife out of the dishwasher (she thinks the dishwasher is super interesting, and when I have the dishwasher open to load or unload, it's like a moth to the flame).  She is so good, she ALWAYS listens and stops whatever she is doing.  But she makes sure to let me know her displeasure and yells (baby cuss words I'm pretty sure) and makes mean faces at me!

She is sleeping through the night again!  YAYYYYYYYY!

She is still completely addicted to her paci.  On a recent drive home from Matagorda, it somehow got misplaced.  I thought she could just deal without for the two hour drive, but no!  NO NO NO!  I sped to the nearest Walmart and bought her a new one so that we could have some peace in the car!  Oh dear.

I still consider her a mama's girl, but she's not as desperately attached to me as she once was.  In fact, on Monday, she spent the day with my mom while Eden and I had a Mommy/Eden day, and my mom said she was perfectly happy the whole day!  Yayyyy!  That's the first time I left her in months, and I'm so excited that it went well!

Oh, and she likes the beach now!  The last time we went, she was perfectly happy crawling around, getting all sandy!


She has spent the majority of her time this past month in swimming pools.  The only place to be during a Texas summer.  She just floats around the pool all content while we swim.


She had a couple of firsts this month.  Her first boat ride:


And her first time on a horse:


Still adorable this month:



No comments:

Post a Comment