Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Preschool Gal

Eden started preschool last week, August 19th.


So far, she's so loving it!

I thought I would be really sad on her first day... but then... I wasn't.  I definitely felt my heart squeeze as I walked out of the classroom that first morning (which, by the way, she didn't even notice), but mainly I am just so excited for her and this new chapter in her life!

I walked her into the classroom that first day... she found her name on a table, sat down and started working on a puzzle.  She did not care in the slightest when I walked out.


It's definitely weird for me to not know exactly what she's doing on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8-12, and on the first day, I was a little shocked when I picked her up and they just opened the door and put Eden in without giving me a play-by-play of the morning.  Okay, I knew they weren't going to give me a play-by-play, but it was still a little jarring for me after personally witnessing pretty much every single thing she's done in her life.

I love picking her up and listening to her describe her day!

me:  So what did you learn in school today?
Eden:  God's rules
me:  Oh!  And what are some of God's rules?
Eden:  not to break his rules and don't run fast!

me:  So who all is in your class?
Eden:  There are two boys and five girls.
me:  What are the girls' names?
Eden:  Harold, Harold, Harold, Harold, Harold
me:  Oh, really?  All five girls are named Harold?
Eden:  yep!

Eden:  Mrs. Machala has a TV that comes out of the ceiling!
me:  huh?
Eden:  She has to stand on her tippy-toes to get it out.
(I figured out she was talking about a projector screen.)

It's going to be a fun year!  I'm so excited about all the theme days and field trips that are on the calendar.  The biggest thing she's done so far is take a "me" bag to school.


Her six things that I helped her pick:
a seashell for her love of the beach
a leotard for gymnastics
a stuffed horse for her love of horses and riding
a picture of her dogs, Daisy and Green
a family picture
a baby bottle because she likes to play with her baby dolls (I actually suggested she take one of her princess figurines or a crown because if we are home, chances are she's wearing a princess gown and insisting that we refer to her as Princess Eden, but she was adamant about the baby bottle.)

Also, I'm super excited about getting to spend some one-on-one time in the mornings with this cutie:


In other Eden news, she got her EARS PIERCED!  She's been increasingly intrigued when watching me put in earrings and kept saying she wished she "could have earrings like that".  I explained to her that she would have to get holes in her ears and that it would hurt, but she was still into it, so my mom, my grandma and I took her to get it done the week before school started.  My mom bought her her first little pair of earrings.

I was so proud of her.  We made sure she understood that it was going to hurt, but she climbed up into the chair and sat there so bravely.


And yes, she cried.


But we whisked her out of the store and rushed next door to a frozen yogurt shop, and then she was alllll better.


By the time she was done with her frozen yogurt, she was 100% back to normal and so dang proud.


Yep.  I'm not sure when it happened, but somehow my baby went and grew up on me.

Eden ready for Meet the Teacher night

I plan to snap an iPhone pic of her every morning before school (though today is only Day 4, and I already forgot this morning!)


I am so proud of her and just love watching the little person she is becoming.  I am so thankful that God chose her for me and me for her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment