Friday, July 10, 2015

Ila - Nine Months!


Hey!  Get back here!  I wasn't finished!


There we go!

So this month, Ila decided that she doesn't want to sleep all night anymore.  Girl wakes me up MULTIPLE times a night these days.  I'm tired.

She has six teeth - two on bottom, four on top.

She can repeat "bye-bye".  She tries at least.  It's more "I-I".  Dustin doesn't think it counts.  I think it does.

She army crawls quick as lightning.  And you can tell that she's soooo proud of herself!

She can pull herself up to standing now.  She has a few bumps and bruises as a result of her standing... and falling.


She is starting to eat some solid foods, and she loves scrambled eggs.  LOVES.  If I don't feed them to her fast enough, she YELLS AT ME AND HITS ME.  HITS ME!  She's a little feisty.

She is into everything.  She army crawls around destroying my house.

I don't know why people think newborns are hard.  No.  That's easy!  They just lay there.  This?  This is when it starts getting hard.  She's mobile, she's a little tornado, she's a HUGE mama's baby that wants her mama and only her mama pretty much 24/7.  The girl plain wears me out.

But I wouldn't trade it for anything.  She's my adorable, teensy-tiny, sweet little Ila Bug.  She loves to snuggle and give slobbery kisses.  And as Eden says, "We love her alllll the way to the SUN!"

And even though sometimes when we're at a party or out to eat with friends there's a small part of me that just wants to be able to hand her to somebody else for a while, I really do truly love that she only wants me.  I love it when somebody reaches out to take her, and she turns into me, grabbing my shoulder and laying her head on my chest to stay with me.

Also, she's super cute!  And her little giggle makes my heart burst.







 Ila wasn't really feeling the 4th.


P.S.  Dustin turned 30 last week.  (And I turned 29, but we won't talk about that!)  Here he is with his girls on his birthday.

(Eden has a My Little Pony temporary tattoo on her cheek.)

No comments:

Post a Comment