Friday, November 28, 2014

If You're Happy And You Know It...

clap your hands.

*clap, clap*

That song has been stuck in my head for days.  I have no idea what songs are popular right now.  I couldn't name one song that's current on the radio these days.  All we listen to is Toddler Radio and the Frozen soundtrack.

That song is appropriate right now though because I AM SO HAPPY!  We've had a great week, a great Thanksgiving, and now it's time to move on to CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

We celebrated with my dad's side of the family on Wednesday night at my Pops and Granny's house.  Eden and I made a pie to bring.  Because Eden really wanted to make a pie.  Because in Tangled, Rapunzel made a pie.  So we had to make a pie.  And since I take pictures of everything, here is the very first Thanksgiving pie that Eden and I ever made together - German Chocolate Pie.


Oh look!  Eden's shirt matches my title.  I didn't even do that on purpose!  Probably another reason why that particular song has been stuck in my head for two days though!

We spent yesterday with Dustin's parents.

Ila's first Thanksgiving:



Eden thought her dress said "thanksgiving".  Dustin started to correct her, but I stopped him because she was so proud of herself for being able to "read".



This year I was most thankful for TWO girls!


Dustin's parents planted pumpkin seeds behind their house this summer, and yesterday after we ate, Eden and Dustin's dad went and picked all the good ones.  We piled them up, Eden climbed all over them, we took some pictures, Eden picked her favorite to bring home with us (the smallest one again) and the rest are being fed to her cows.  She loved it!







Dustin and I finished the day by watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  We watch it every single Thanksgiving because TRADITION!  And when that movie ended last night, it meant that it was time to completely put Thanksgiving behind us and move on to CHRISTMAS things!  YAYYY!!!

Oh, I almost forgot... Sunday pictures!  We went to church for the first time on Sunday since Ila was born.  Eden had a complete freak-out/melt-down because we wouldn't let her dance in the aisle when the first hymn played.  It was another first!  The first time her daddy had to take her out of church to discipline her!  At least she looked cute when everyone turned to stare at us!


Ila's first Sunday pictures:


soooo sleepy!

Gosh she's precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment