Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Ila - Two Months!


To sum up Ila in one word: FEISTY!

Who knew something so little could be so feisty?  I LOVE IT!

She still rarely cries, but she has this little yell that she does... just one little "WAH!"... to let us know that she ain't happy!  If you're holding her, but you're not holding her jussstttt the way that she wants to be held - WAH!  If her pacifier falls out but I don't notice IMMEDIATELY - WAH!  If I'm talking to her and she wants me to stop so she can go to sleep - WAH!  Seriously.  We always say she's yelling at us, and now when she does it, Eden says, "Ila!  Why you yellin' at us?"

We like to joke that she's a bad baby because she yells at us, but really, she couldn't be better!  She has already slept through the night a couple of times, and even when she doesn't make it all night, she usually gives me a good six hours.  Since this is so the complete opposite of Eden, and because I am so used to a baby that was still waking up multiple times well over a year old, this completely freaked me out at first.  I was just convinced that there was something wrong with her.  I kept asking Dustin, "Do you think she's okay?  Do you think she's sick?  Does she feel warm to you?  What do you think is wrong with her?"  He finally got it through my head that she just actually SLEEPS and to be happy about it!

She's starting to smile more and more.  She did it for the first time on Thanksgiving, and it was when she saw ME!  Yay!  But now, her biggest smiles are reserved for her big sister.  She lights up when Eden gets in her face... which is still all the time.  Eden is constantly, like, laying on top of her.  "Eden!  You can't lay on her!  You'll hurt her!"  She says, "BUT I LOVE HER!  I WANT TO KISS HER!"

She can also already roll over.  She did it for the first time at one month and six days.  I couldn't believe it!  I was both "you go girl" and "nooooo, slowwww down" at the same time.  Eden is her biggest cheerleader for rolling over too.  It still takes a lot of effort for her to be able to do it, so Eden and I are always down on the floor next to her with Eden yelling, "Come on, Ila!  You can do it!  Roll!"  Then Eden starts rolling all around the floor so that Ila can see what she's supposed to do.  :)

You know what's really great to have in the house for two month olds?  Christmas trees!  She loves to just lay and stare.  She hangs out at the tree when I'm busy doing other things.



Ila is laying next to me while I type.  She wants to be held.  She looked at me and said, "WAH!"  Good timing; I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment