Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween Things (And Other Favorite Pictures)

So this is the year that Eden "got" it.

Halloween usually isn't a holiday that I get all that into... I mean, it's okay... I don't hate it... I do what you're supposed to - pumpkins, costume, candy... but I don't get all excited about it or look forward to it like I do other holidays.  This year was a little different though because Eden has been excited about last night for WEEKS!  Ever since we got her costume and her plastic jack-o-lantern bucket a month ago, she's been telling us, "When I'm Minnie, I get candy for my pumpkin."  A two year old's excitement is pretty contagious, so I couldn't help but start getting really excited about Halloween too.  I've tried to do Halloween-y things with her all week, and we made Halloween cookies, painted pumpkins, read Halloween books, worked our way through a Halloween sticker and activity book, and drew and colored what must have been 5,000 jack-o-lanterns.  (She thought my crappy jack-o-lantern drawings were amazing and kept asking for more.)  By the time Halloween rolled around, I was so into it!

On Sunday evening, Dustin carved pumpkins for the girls.  (By the way, I love saying that - "the girls".)





We did it on Sunday so that obviously we could light them and enjoy them every night leading up to Halloween.  That did NOT happen.  By Monday morning, Daisy had eaten Ila's, and by Tuesday, Max had gotten Eden's.  Sometimes I really dislike my dogs.  (They're cute though, so they're usually forgiven in like five minutes.)

Eden got to wear a costume to gymnastics class on Tuesday.  She was a pretty, pretty princess, and she spent the majority of class looking down at herself and twirling in circles.


The girl is good at bars.

When Eden woke up yesterday, I said, "Eden, it's Halloween!  Do you know what you get to do later?"  She said, "CANDY IN MY PUMPKIN!"

Eden's Halloween picture (which I like comparing to last year's):


And Ila's first Halloween:


Eden was BEYOND excited to be Minnie Mouse last night.  Her love for Minnie Mouse is still going strong.  And little sister got to be Figaro, Minnie Mouse's cat.


We spent the evening at a friend's house and trick-or-treated in their neighborhood, and it was so fun to watch Eden.  Like I said, she got it!  She understood what was happening this year and was so happy and excited to go up to the houses and get her candy!  Such a difference from last year when I just kind of dragged her around, and she had no idea what was happening!

Oh, and here's a picture of my weird-o husband with a random cat that followed us to a few houses so he decided to carry it with us.  ("DUSTIN, that's probably somebody's pet and you're taking it away from it's house!"  "Just remember what house I picked it up from, and we'll put it back later.  It likes me; it's purring.")


Then when we got back to the house and were going through all of the candy with Eden, this happened:
Dustin opens the milk duds.
Dustin to me: This looks like deer shit.
Dustin to Eden: Here Eden, you want one?
Eden:  NO!  IT HAS DEER SHIT ON IT!
Great.  (Yeah, we laughed pretty hard before I explained to her that she couldn't say that.)

It was a great Halloween.  I just may start getting into this holiday!

*****

A few pictures of my baby from this week:







Eden likes for Ila to be near her.


And this is my favorite photo that I've ever taken ever:

No comments:

Post a Comment