Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Precious Moments

Some of my favorite photos and moments from the past week and a half...

I love this picture of Dustin swaddling Ila at the hospital.  He is the master swaddler.  He could win swaddling contests.  After every feeding and diaper change, I would hand Ila to him to swaddle.  And I love how little she looks next to his hand!


On our second day in the hospital, my mom dropped Eden off, and we had a few hours just the four of us.  Here's me with my two girls, laying in bed and watching Frozen.


I love friends who bring presents for big sister too and then get down on the floor and play with them.


She's beautiful.


No words necessary:


My mom kept Eden at my grandma's house during our hospital stay.  Her house is only a few minutes from the hospital, and it was so nice having Eden so close.  She was able to go back and forth throughout the day, and here she came back the second night just to tell us all goodnight.



The day we came home, the nurses wanted Ila to lay in the baby warmer one more time before we left.  I think she liked it.  A day at the beach.


All dressed up to go home!




The day Ila was born, my dad and Susie asked what I wanted for her.  Since they had bought Eden her first little birthstone ring, I told them to do the same for Ila.  By the time we came home, they had Ila's ring and matching "big sis" "little sis" necklaces for Eden and Ila.


For our first night home, Dustin cooked steak and crab legs, and we drank a bottle of wine that we had bought a few weeks earlier for this very occasion.




Ila all tucked into her bassinet next to our bed for her first night at home.  Which reminded me of Eden all tucked into her bassinet next to our bed for her first night at home.  Eden is on the left... Ila is on the right.


After putting her into her bassinet for the night, I went downstairs to take a shower.  And when I came back, I found this.


Drake checking out his newest sister.


We've been having the most gorgeous weather, so we've been spending a lot of time outside.  Ila gets to lay in the sun while Eden runs around.



Eden wanted to watch a movie with Ila.  I put in The Lion King.  I didn't think that through.  I was just thinking that Eden would like all of the animals, but I should've known better after the Finding Nemo incident.  It's been a long time since I've watched The Lion King, and I forgot what happens.  I'll tell you what happens - Mufasa dies.  AHHHH!  Eden cried and cried.  Little tears streaming down her cheeks.  And unlike Finding Nemo when I could explain to Eden that it was going to be okay and Nemo's daddy was going to find him, there wasn't much I could say about Mufasa dying.  I'm going to have to be better about my movie choices for my sensitive little girl!  Also, notice the bunny slippers! :)



My girls are so beautiful!



My mom stayed with us for a week.  She was wonderful... laundry, dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, changing dirty diapers... but most importantly, playing with and entertaining Eden while I was still recovering.  She took Eden to gymnastics, to a the park a few times, and here they are making a pumpkin pie together.


One of these things is not like the other.


Ila joins us every night for Eden's bedtime routine.  She gets her own board for the Goodnight Moon game.  Two nights ago she won!


And then Eden wants her right next to her on the pillow for stories, songs and prayers.  Ila is always so content and peaceful during all of this, and I fully believe that she remembers it... that it's familiar to her... she heard it every single night from inside my tummy and now she's experiencing it on the outside.


Another beautiful day to be outside.



Kisses from big sister all day long.  And Eden is wearing her Elsa cape.  Eden made out like Christmas morning with the birth of her little sister, and she has barely taken this cape off since a friend of mine gave it to her.  She runs around with it flying behind her yelling, "I'M RUNNING ON ICE!"


Happy Fall!



The cutest little Texans fans.  Now if only the Texans would stop sucking.


My heart is happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment