Thursday, October 9, 2014

October Goodness

As sad as I am for the summer to end, once October starts, I'm completely fine, because October = awesome.  And so far it's lived up to its expectations.

On Saturday the preschool where my sister-in-law works had a little pumpkin patch festival, and I took Eden up there.  For $15 she got a pumpkin, a bag of cookies, a face painting, a pumpkin painting and unlimited jump time in a bouncy house.  We got there as soon as it started so that we could get a good pumpkin before they were gone.  That's the first thing we did... I said, "Eden, let's go find a pretty pumpkin, and we'll come back and put it in the car and then you can go play."  We went to go find our pumpkin, and she chose the smallest pumpkin in the world.  It's the one she's holding:



I was all, "Eden, are you sure you don't want a big one?"  But she insisted.  She said we could go put it in the car.  I assured her it wasn't necessary.  I was able to carry it around in my purse all day.  When we got home, Dustin said, "That's the pumpkin they gave you for a $15 ticket?"


When she got her face painted, I told her, "Now Eden, you have to sit very still.  Don't move."  And she didn't.  At all.  Ever.  She sat there, completely frozen.  It was hilarious.



Oh my goodness, was she ever proud of this little pumpkin that she painted:



She LOVED it.  Which made it all the more devastating on Sunday night when Drake ate it.  It happened after she went to bed.  I was hoping maybe she wouldn't notice it was gone.  No such luck; it's the first thing she went to find when she woke up on Monday morning.  I told her what happened. And she was heartbroken.  I mean, she cried and cried and cried.  She would manage to stop crying for a few minutes, but then she would say again, "Drake eat my pumpkin", and tears would fill her eyes again.  It was so sad.  When I dropped her off at Susie's that morning so I could go into work, Susie asked her how she was.  She started, "Drake eat..."  And she couldn't even get the sentence out before she was crying again.  Fortunately, Susie had some little pumpkins at her house, and she let Eden paint them.  She was so happy when I went to pick her up, and she hasn't let the one she brought home out of her sight.  She does NOT trust Drake around it, and on Tuesday we even had to take it to gymnastics with us.

*****
The fair is in town right now.  Best time of the year!  Dustin had a work thing today and wasn't able to go with us like he has the past two years.  I gave him a hard time about it at first ("Dustin, it's our tradition!"), but once I saw how bummed HE was about missing today, I stopped.  He HATED not being able to take Eden to the parade and fair today.  My mom accompanied me and Eden instead.  Although we did skip the parade because I was scared to death I might go into labor and be trapped with all the roads shut down!  So just the animals and carnival today.  And Eden is SO BIG!  This is the first year she was able to go on rides!  She was so brave and independent.  I would give her her tickets and tell her, "Give these to the man in the red shirt", and she would follow the other kids, hand the man her tickets and climb onto the ride.  She had so much fun, and I really do feel so bad for Dustin that he had to miss it.





Yep, the month is off to a pretty great start!  And there's lots more exciting things to come! ;)

Eden's Sunday school picture... since something tells me it's the only one we'll make this month.


And one more favorite...  Dr. Eden to the rescue!


Whenever she puts her little doctor coat on, she says, "I'm a doctor!"  Then as soon as she's done playing and takes it off, she says, "I'm not a doctor anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment