Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Bye September!

a little documentation of the last half of Eden's September...

We hit up Matagorda one more time for the summer:








I took some pictures of Eden at gymnastics last week since I hadn't in a while:




The girl is getting good!  Check out that landing in the top right photo!

Then today Dustin took off work so we could have one more fun day - just the three of us - before Eden's little world changes forever.  Dustin came to gymnastics with us this morning.  It was the first time he's ever come, and Eden kept looking over at him the entire time to grin at him and make sure he was watching her.  After gymnastics we went to the zoo, and after the zoo we took her to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.  It was a really good day.  I hope she thought so too.  I wanted it to be such a good day for her.








September's Sunday pictures:



She loves her little stuffed Nemo.  It's her latest stuffed animal to take everywhere with us.  But up until a few days ago, she had never even seen the movie.  I put it in for her the other evening to watch, and then Dustin and I went into the kitchen to make dinner.  A little bit into the movie, Eden started crying HYSTERICALLY!  Dustin and I ran into the living room to see what had happened.  I thought she had hurt herself somehow.  She ran to me and threw herself into my arms.  She just sobbed into me, and I couldn't figure out what the heck she was trying to tell me.  Finally I made out the words, "HIM GONE!  THEY TOOK HIM!"  I realized she was so upset because the scuba diver had just captured Nemo.  She was devastated.  It took me a few minutes, but I finally convinced her that Nemo was going to be okay and that his daddy was going to go get him.  I had to promise her over and over.  It was the saddest thing.  But also so sweet.  My little tender-heart.

And now it's fixing to be October, and I did it.  Everything I wanted to have done by October is done, and now we wait for the newest member of our family to join us...

No comments:

Post a Comment