Friday, September 19, 2014

Happy Things

What perfectly lovely, dreary, gray, rainy days the past two days have been.  The perfect kind of days for staying in your pajamas, reading books, watching movies (in bed!), putting together puzzles, coloring, and taking bubble baths.  Which is exactly what Eden and I did yesterday.  It looks like that's what's on the agenda for today as well.  As far as housework, I've done nothing productive, but oh well... It's been a long time since we've had rainy days to enjoy around these parts!

Here are a few things that are making me happy lately:

  • the rain... before we even had breakfast this morning, I took Eden outside to run around in it.  I tried running around with her.  It'll be really nice when I don't have a giant belly always in my way.  I'm really glad we don't have neighbors.  Because when she got tired of running, she wanted us to dance in the rain.  There's no telling what THAT looked like.

this is what her hair looks like every morning when she gets up... POOF!

Daisy played too.



  • Kids are back in school which means Eden and I can go back to The Children's Museum.  I stayed away all summer for fear that I would punch somebody.  I get ragey when places are overcrowded.



  • these matching bunny slippers that my Godmother made for Eden and her little sister... Eden likes to put hers on and hop around yelling, "I GOT MY BUNNY SHOES ON!  THEY MAKE ME HOP HIGH!"  (She also likes to put on her blue tennis shoes and run laps around our kitchen island yelling, "I GOT MY RUNNIN' SHOES ON!  THEY MAKE ME RUN FAST!")  And I'm imagining the day that I have two little girls wearing bunny slippers.

  • our back door... Eden makes pictures for Dustin, and then we hang them on the back door so he'll see them when he comes home from work.

  • how cute it is that Eden has named her baby doll after her baby sister and insists on taking her with us places

  • making the most of what's left of summer... September is the month when most people start throwing themselves into fall, and I start panicking that summer will be over soon.  I took Eden to the water park a couple of weekends ago, and we have plans for another beach and fishing trip to Matagorda on Sunday if the weather cooperates!



She's brave.  And it's amazing that at the beginning of summer, she was afraid of these big slides, but just a few months later, she preferred them to the toddler slides.

  • that Eden's favorite book to read at bedtime is her Children's Bible... She can already answer questions like "Who were the first man and the first woman?" and "What did the dove bring back to Noah?" and "How many days was Jonah inside the big fish?"  (And also, every time we read Jonah and the Big Fish, she says, "The fish is big like YOU!"  Awww, how sweet!)

  • our lab collection being oh so good so that they don't get thrown out into the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment