Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Y'all, it's cold outside!  And has been for like... a week!  I cannot remember any other time in my life when it was this cold here this many days in a row.  Today was the coldest Thanksgiving here since 1984.  I was really excited about that.  I was telling everyone how that means this is the coldest Thanksgiving I've ever had!  Then Dustin reminded me that I went to Oklahoma with him one Thanksgiving, and there was ice.  Way to ruin it for me, Dustin!  Later, I remembered that my family was in Nebraska one Thanksgiving.  So just nevermind.  Whatever, I was still happy that I got to wear tights, boots and a jacket today.  I ACTUALLY WORE FALL CLOTHES ON THANKSGIVING!  In TEXAS!  Wow!

I have so much to be thankful for today and every day.  My husband.  My adorable little girl.  My mom and dad and Mark and Susie and my brother and my Granny and Pops and Grandma Jan and all the rest of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I fully believe that I do have THE best family on the planet.  I'm thankful for their health.  My health.  A great group of friends.  My warm, cozy house.  My dogs and cats.  The fact that I have food and a bed and a heater when so many people in this world do not.  The list goes on and on, but most importantly, I am thankful that Jesus died on that cross for me.

We had a wonderful day today.  We went to church in Houston with my grandma, aunt, mom, Mark and Jacob and then went to Dustin's parent's house and ate a TON!  Now I'm fixing to finish off my night by watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  It's my Thanksgiving night tradition!

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment