Monday, November 18, 2013

Eden - 22 Months

 

I swear I am going to stop referring to Eden's age in months as soon as she turns 2.  It didn't seem like a big deal when she was fourteen months or eighteen months, but now when somebody asks me how old she is, I feel kinda ridiculous saying "twenty-one" or "twenty-two" months.  So I've started just saying, "She's almost 2."  And then I always have a brief moment of disbelief.  Almost 2?  Ahhh!

22 Month Stats

favorite word: again
She wants to do everything again.

favorite game:  hiding.  hiding EVERYTHING.
Eden likes to hide a toy, tell me it's "gone-gone", then make it reappear and shout "BOO!".  It doesn't stop with just toys though.  After dinner when I try to wipe her hands, she puts them behind her back and tells me they're gone-gone.  "Eden's hands are gone-gone?", I say.  "BOO!", she shouts and brings them out from behind her back really fast.  When I try to put her shoes on, she'll run and find a blanket or a towel and cover her feet.  "Gone-gone", she tells me.  "Eden's feet are gone-gone?", I ask.  "BOO!", she yells as she yanks the blanket away.  "Now can I put your shoes on?", I ask.  "Again!", she says, and we do it again.  She likes to hide in the closet, under blankets, in the bathroom.  Then jump out at us and shout "BOO!"

That is what's happening in these pictures:

 "gone-gone"
 
"BOO!"

favorite activity:  dancing
Apparently Eden danced at preschool.  They have dance time there, and Eden now wants to dance allllll the time.  She'll dance to any song, but she ESPECIALLY likes to dance to "The Hot Dog Song" that comes on at the end of every episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  And by dance, I mean running, stomping, twirling in circles and clapping.  As soon as that first note of the "Hot Dog Song" is played, she's up and at it.  When the song ends... "Again!"  And I rewind it so she can dance again.

best friend:  our dog, Max

No comments:

Post a Comment