Sunday, February 17, 2013

February So Far


February, like October, is another month that I just love everything about.  Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, the first signs of spring (in Texas at least)...  There are so many things to be happy about this month.  The other day, on a walk with Eden, I spied the first bluebonnet of the season.  I became ecstatic - a sign of wonderful things to come... more wildflowers, dewberry pickin', swimming, Easter dresses and Eden's first egg hunt, vegetables fresh from the garden, evenings spent outside while Dustin grills... I got down on my knees to show Eden the flower.  She tried to eat it.

Since the beginning of February, Eden has taken off with walking.  I think it's safe to say that our crawling days are behind us, which is both wonderful and heart-breaking at the same time.  I have yet to tire of watching her wobble around.  She is SO proud of herself.


We hosted our annual Super Bowl party.  Since it was in New Orleans this year, Dustin made shrimp etouffee and crawfish.  The weather was gorgeous, and it was a perfect day relaxing outside, all of us girls watching the guys shoot skeet and then play THEIR annual football game.  Unfortunately, Dustin sprained his wrist during the game.  We thought it was broken, but a trip to Urgent Care the next day confirmed it's just a bad sprain, and he has to wear a brace.

Early last week, my cousin and her husband came to visit from California with their twins.  I was so excited to see them.  Their twins turned two in September, and I hadn't seen them since they were nine months old, and this was their first time meeting Eden.  It was really special seeing Eden, Bailey and Chase all playing together.  We all (me, Eden, my cousin, her husband, the twins, my mom, my aunt and my grandma) spent the day at The Children's Museum.



 Eden's favorite thing that day was, by far, this truck.  She was so happy turning the wheel and honking the horn.  Every once in a while another kid would hop in, and Eden would become even happier to have a little passenger.



I LOVE Valentine's Day.  Oh I do, I really, really do.  It's just so HAPPY.  I am a complete sucker for overpriced roses and chocolates.

Eden's Valentine was her daddy.  It better stay like that for a REALLY long time too! ;)



Dustin came home from work on Valentine's Day bearing flowers.  He had a giant bouquet and a little bouquet.  I said, "Look Eden, Daddy brought me big flowers and you little flowers."  Dustin's response?  "What makes you think the big one is for you?"


Dustin and I managed a Valentine's Day dinner date while Eden stayed with my grandma and grandpa.

Baby Girl is becoming Little Miss Independent.  She likes to do things on her own these days and will push my hand away if I try to help her.  In this picture, she insisted on getting into her seat all by herself but couldn't quite manage to get one of her legs in.


I'm also starting to feed her whatever Dustin and I are eating, which makes dinnertime so much easier.  It also makes me try to cook much healthier.  So she had her first spaghetti experience and LOVED IT (ya, okay, not so healthy).


Other than that, Eden and I have just been staying home, playing and working on learning our animals.  I have flashcards for cat, dog, bird, sheep and cow, and we're working on learning how to say them.  She has "cat" and "dog" down for sure, but she calls the bird, sheep and cow "dog" as well.

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful February as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment