Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Enjoying October

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

There is something amazing about October.  It seems almost magical.  It offers so much.  And I've tried to soak up every ounce of it.

We enjoyed cool days...

fall sweaters, fall sweaters!  I LOVE fall sweaters and bought Eden like a billion of them!
 
...and warm days.



We spent almost every single afternoon outside on the quilt this month.  We soaked up the sunshine, Eden had so much fun watching the dogs play, and she ate many, many blades of grass that she managed to stuff into her mouth before I could stop her.



We visited the pumpkin patch.



We decorated pumpkins...


... and carved pumpkins.





We never actually got to light Eden's little jack o' lantern though.  A dog snatched it off the table, and it was never seen again. :(

My favorite part of the month though would, of course, be the fair.  I LOVE the fair.  I look forward to it all year, and I get almost as excited about it as I do for Christmas.  Even though she wasn't capable of much this year, I still couldn't wait to take Eden and let her see all the sights.  Dustin even took off work the Thursday of the fair, and we took Eden to the parade (she stared with her mouth open the entire time) and pushed her around the fairgrounds in her stroller.  We walked around eating curly fries and drinking beer, and I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is.  It was a great day.  Eden was a big fan of the Junior Barnyard.


All that's left for this month is Halloween.  We're taking Eden trick or treating so that she can get us some free candy.  ;)

2 comments: