Friday, February 1, 2013

Eden's 1st Birthday Party

So I used to think that birthday parties for a one year old were, like, the dumbest. thing. ever.  But then I had a baby... and she turned one... and well, you know...

We threw her a party!

It was such a lovely little day.  I have literally been singing "You Are My Sunshine" to Eden since the day she was born, so naturally that was the theme for her party.

I know Eden has no idea what the day was about, but this has been the best year EVER, and I'm so happy that we were able to mark it with our family and friends.  Eden has so many people who love her, and I'm so grateful to everyone who came to the party and celebrated her with us!  It meant the world to me.  My heart was so full all day.

We got her a little play slide set for her birthday, and though she was a little hesitant at first, she now loves it!  (though she prefers climbing up it to sliding down it)

Eden hated her cake though.  I mean, HATED IT!  When Dustin pushed one of her little hands into the cake to get her started, she LOST IT.  She completely freaked over having icing and cake on her hands, and you would have thought we were beating her the way she was carrying on over it.  She could not get out of that high chair fast enough, and we spent a good chunk of time trying to console her afterwards.  I'm not gonna lie... I was pretty bummed about it at first.  I was really looking forward to the classic "baby smashing cake all over their face" moment and getting pictures of it.  Everyone kept telling me that one day I would think it was funny, and now I do.  I really do, and it makes me laugh now when I remember her being SO upset over us trying to feed her cake.  You would've thought it was poison!  And the pictures of her crying and reaching for me are just adorable.

All in all, it was a wonderful, special, fantastic, fun day!  Oh, and the weather was absolutely perfect!  Warm and sunny - perfect for a sunshine party!





















her first American Girl baby doll from her Bubba and Aunt Audrey - I was so excited about this gift!







she looks so sleepy in this pic - I'm sure that was part of the problem!






I'm not sure how it's possible for January to already be over, but I'm ready to embrace February and the spring.  This warm weather has me ready to take Eden to the beach and to the zoo and swimming over at my dad's house...  Bring it on.


Valentine's Day, we are ready for you!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, a year already! Such a cute story. I'm so glad you decided to have this party for Miss Eden. I loved the "You Are My Sunshine" theme. So many good memories you made for her. Good job and great natural writing as always.

    ReplyDelete