Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Our South Padre Trip

We got back from South Padre last Monday, and then Dustin ended up taking the rest of the week off of work. It was great - we had nine wonderful days together. We (sorta) watched movies in the afternoons while Eden napped (she usually interrupted and the movie had to wait until later), cooked, baked, sat outside enjoying the dogs and cool(er) weather, had friends over, watched football, went and played golf, and one afternoon we left Eden with my grandma and went out to the movies. I was really sad when he went back to work this past Monday.

However, I didn't get much done while he was home. Monday and Tuesday were catch-up days, so here I am on Wednesday, finally looking over our pictures from the trip.

We had such a good time! Eden loved the beach. She ate TONS of sand. And she showed NO fear of the water whatsoever. She actually kept trying to crawl farther out into the ocean, and we had to stop her!








 
One morning, Eden and I went for a walk on the beach while Dustin slept in.  It was beautiful.
 



I carried Eden down the beach until my arms got tired and she started feeling heavy... but then I had to walk all the way back!  I thought I was going to die!  My arms hurt sooooo bad; I was practically running back to the room so that I could put her down!

We took Eden to the pool too.  And out to eat.  And shopping.  And when she napped or went to bed at night, Dustin and I would sit out on our balcony talking and drinking beer.




We found a store where everything was 50% off so we all got new outfits, and that night we wore our new clothes and went out for lobster and ahi and wine.  I wanted to get a picture of the three of us, but all I managed was Eden in her new little outfit.


We went to the beach one more time on the morning that we had to leave.



And then we had to go home.  Boo.

In Eden news: she has FOUR teeth and is pulling up!  Yay, Eden!

No comments:

Post a Comment