Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Eden - Six Months

Say it ain't so!


This is a hard one, people!  I've been watching this day get closer and closer on the calendar and dreading it.  On Monday, Dustin mentioned that she was turning six months old in two days, and I told him we had to stop talking about it because I was tearing up.  Don't get me wrong... I love my six month old.  She is so much FUN!  But I can't believe my newborn is gone!  Our days of spending hours on the couch with her asleep on my chest... over.  I can't help but be a little sad that she's growing up so quickly.  Wasn't I still pregnant, like, yesterday or something?

But then I get over it, and I just remind myself to soak up every single moment.  So six months old...  Eden has two teeth!  She can sit up for a few seconds at a time.  She scoots and rolls and army crawls and always ends up in a different place from where I put her.  Example:  Here she has decided that she is done taking pictures and is just going to get off of her lamb.



After that she spent a good fifteen minutes sliding around the wood floor.  It was great fun... she laughed the whole time.  She's obsessed with our dogs, and the mere sighting of one can make her stop crying in an instant.  She loves all dogs.  I took Eden to a friend's house, and their black lab walked up, and Eden just giggled and reached out and grabbed his fur.  One day we will have a talk about making sure it's a friendly dog before we pull it's fur.  Swimming seems to be her favorite.  She kicks, kicks, kicks and moves herself all over the pool/tank/wherever we are.  She sits in her bumbo in the bathrooms in the mornings and chews on a make-up brush while I get ready.  She lays in her nap nanny and watches me when I bake or cook.  She plays on the bed while I fold clothes.  She's my world.  I take her with me wherever I go.  Today I had my Grandma Jan go with me to get a haircut so that I could take Eden with me and have her watch her.  One day I won't take her with me everywhere I go... but that day is not yet. 

She's such a happy baby.


Oh how I love that picture!  I have plans to blow it up to a ginormous size and frame it. 

And so, just like I did when I was sad about Eden turning one week old and made cupcakes, I made a cake (half a cake) to celebrate Eden turning six months old.  Cake in any form always cheers me right up.


Half a cake for half a year.  (Cake decorating is NOT my talent!)

Dustin is making us a nice little meal, and tonight we will toast to six months of Eden.  Best six months ever! 

I know I will always be sad about all the phases we're leaving behind.  But I really am excited about all the ones that are ahead of us. 

To the next six months... here we go!

1 comment:

  1. you will always be a little bit sad about those phases you leave behind .... but oh, how you will enjoy the new phases to come!!!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete