Monday, June 25, 2012

Daddy's Girl

So the sweetest little thing happened last night.

Dustin came home last night after being down at the coast for the past five days.  I always start Eden's bedtime routine at 8, and at 8 last night, Dustin still wasn't home.  I called him, and he said he was about ten minutes away, so I decided to wait so that he could see Eden before she went to sleep. 

When he pulled up, I went outside to meet him, and I handed Eden to him and let him talk to her for a few minutes.  I took a picture of them, and then I took her inside so that I could put her to bed.  I lotioned her up, put on her pjs, read her a book, fed her, wrapped her in her swaddle blanket and then started to rock her (our usual routine).  Usually it takes all of five minutes, and she's out.  Last night those little eyes were WIDE OPEN, and she wasn't budging.  After thirty minutes, I was getting a little impatient and wondering what the heck was going on.

Then Dustin came inside.  When she heard him, she started twisting around and craning her neck to find him.  That's what she wanted.  She would NOT go to sleep because she wanted to see her daddy again!  When she saw him, she spit her pacifier out and just started grinning.  It was so cute.  And it went on and on and on.  She would NOT close her little eyes.  She just kept staring at Dustin and smiling at him.  I tried everything... I laid her to where she could see him.  She just kept grinning at him.  We went in the other room to get away from him, and she just kept those eyes wide open.  I had Dustin try to get her to sleep.  She just laid in his arms and stared at him.  I did not get her to sleep until after 11!  But it was just so adorable how much she missed her daddy and how excited she was when he was home!

dad's favorite shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment