Monday, June 18, 2012

Eden - Five Months


Baby Girl is five months old today!  In honor of this grand occasion, she decided to roll over from her back to her tummy for the first time.  She's become quite the pro at rolling from tummy to back, but until this morning she hadn't managed to go the other way.  AND I MISSED IT!  I put her down on her activity mat this morning and walked out of the room for all of 60 seconds.  When I came back there she was propped up on her tummy!

This past month has also seen her slowly outgrowing some of her 0-3 month size clothing and being able to wear some of her 3-6 month clothing.  I try to get things packed away as soon as she outgrows something so that I can stay on top of her closet situation, and I have three piles that clothes go into.  One pile I call the Special Baby Eden Clothes.  Even if I have another girl one day, she will not be able to wear these clothes because they are special to Eden alone... what she wore home from the hospital, the first little dress I bought after I found out I was having a girl, what she wore when we celebrated her being in the world for a whole week, etc.  Then I have a pile of clothes that are okay for another daughter to wear and a pile of clothes to be donated.  I have to admit that sometimes I become a little emotional as I pack these clothes away.  I sit there remembering buying this particular outfit on an outing with my mom or opening that outfit with Dustin at our couples shower.  I might even cry sometimes.  But they're good tears.  Happy tears... as I sit there and remember the past few months... and think about how blessed I am once again... because I'm pretttyyyy sure that I have the cutest, prettiest little baby EVER! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment