Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'd Rather Be At The Beach

Wow, I cannot believe it's already the month of April!  It seems like just yesterday that I fell asleep on New Year's Eve at 10:00... :)

So I bought Eden the cutest little swimsuit.  And as soon as it came in the mail, I COULD NOT WAIT TO PUT IT ON HER AND TAKE HER TO THE BEACH!  It consumed my every thought!  Seriously!  I was just so excited!  So last Friday, I decided to pack up and make the 4 hour drive to visit my mom since she so conveniently lives close to the beach.

Of course I was super happy to visit my mom, BUT I WAS REALLY HAPPY TO PUT EDEN IN HER LITTLE BATHING SUIT AND STICK HER FEET IN THE OCEAN!


Yeah, so she didn't really like it at first...

I stuck her feet in, and she let out a little squeal and tried to pull them up.  The water is still pretty chilly this time of year!  But then she got over it and was content to let me stick her little toesies in the water all I wanted.  Which was a lot.  Because I LOVE the beach and the ocean!

Just look how adorable she is in her little swimmy suit!



We had the best weekend!  It's always so nice to go visit your mom!  They buy you your favorite foods and favorite candy and help you change diapers and pick up after you and take care of you and all those things that moms are supposed to do!  And I could just relax.  I got to read an ENTIRE BOOK over the weekend!  Something that has not happened in months!  I slept late, rocked on the front porch in the mornings, read my book, took walks in the evenings with Eden in her stroller.  These are little, simple things, but they made for a fantastic weekend.  I plan to go visit my mom lots more times - then I can buy Eden more swimming suits!


1 comment:

  1. come visit and relax all you want ... I absolutely love taking care of both you and Eden!! I love you. I love you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete