Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Hip, Hip, Hooray for the Hot Summer Day!

"I love summertime more than anything else in the world.  That is the only thing that gets me through the winter, knowing that summer is going to be there."  -Jack McBrayer

Oh, sweet, sweet summertime!  How I love it so!  How I love having all of my kids home again.  We are together.  We are free from waking up early, uniforms, homework in the evenings, and the school making our schedule for us.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the pool is calling our name!  The girls are still doing gymnastics all summer, Eden has a couple of camps she's doing later this month, and she's currently in the middle of her swim team season.  But they also get to sleep later than normal and spend hours and hours in the pool and outside.  We have a trip to Matagorda coming up, I'm in the process of planning a road trip to Alabama for my cousins's wedding in July, and we will fo sho be taking multiple trips to the water park... SUMMER IS SO FUN!

So far...

We've gone to the zoo!  For the past three years (I think), we've gone to The Children's Museum and Science Museum as soon as Eden is done with school.  She gets out before the Houston schools, so we are able to beat the summer crowds.  This year, my mom suggested we go to the zoo instead!  Yay!  (Then my mom got sick and wasn't able to go, poor woman!)  But we still wanted to go, so I took the three of them by myself.  Not gonna lie - that was pretty exhausting!  But also really fun!


























For some reason, those pictures didn't upload in order.  Oh well!  Eden took her sketch pad and Ila took her camera, and at every exhibit, we had to wait so Eden could draw the animal and Ila could take a picture of it.  It was so sweet!

We've racked up tons of hours in the pool.



 James followed Eden onto the diving rock and copied her!  


Eden had her very first swim meet ever, and she won the butterfly!



Eden's first meet was on James's 2nd birthday!  After we got home from the meet, we all loaded up in the ranger and rode around on all the back roads for over an hour.  James LOVES riding on the ranger!  We made our way over to my dad's house, and the kids went swimming and James got lots of fun presents!






(My dad and Susie struck gold with that toy power blower!  HE LOVES IT!  He thinks he's just like his Daddy, and the day after his birthday, I made Dustin go get his blower and blow off the sidewalks to see what James would do.  James started screaming in excitement, ran to get his blower, and followed Dustin around "blowing" off all our sidewalks!  IT WAS SO CUTE!!!!!)

Once we got home that evening, James blew out his birthday candles!  The girls and I made him an ice cream cake the day before!



I just really cannot believe he's TWO!  It's pretty sad when your last baby is no longer a baby.  But he has SO MUCH PERSONALITY, I just know that this upcoming year is going to be a blast as it continues to come out.

Almost every afternoon we watch a Disney movie.  We are trying to watch allll the Disney movies before our trip to Disney World this October.  Yesterday the girls watched Mulan.  After it was over, Eden put on her outfit that my dad and Susie brought her from China, made a "sword" and danced and swung that sword around all over our house.


Also, Eden got some American Girl hand-me-down accessories from a friend, and poor Kit now has a broken leg.  It apparently happened rock-climbing.  Looks like she's gonna have to spend the summer in her cast and wheelchair, and Eden pushes her around every day.


This picture of James shows how we're all feeling about summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment