Saturday, September 30, 2017

Ila's 3rd Birthday Party

Ila's birthday isn't until October 10th, but we had her party yesterday.

She wanted two things - gymnastics and Bubble Guppies.

Y'all, my child is obsessed with Bubble Guppies.  OBSESSED!  Last year, I thought she loved Elmo.  But her feelings for Elmo were nothing compared to her love for the bubble guppies.  She sings the songs.  She's up dancing during the show.  She talks about the characters like they are her friends.  And actually she told me one time that her best friends are Willow (her cousin) and Molly (a bubble guppy).  She has episodes memorized and when one of her favorite parts is coming up, she will pause the tv and yell at me to come watch the part with her.  (She also watches me while I watch to make sure I'm actually watching and have the appropriate reaction.)  Bubble Guppies is her life!

So a Bubble Guppies/gymnastics party she got! :)

I actually had MY 3rd birthday party at the exact same gym where we had Ila's yesterday!  I love, love, love it, and Eden and Ila think it's really neat too!

Here are some (blurry) pictures from Ila's party:



 She wanted to sleep with this Molly balloon tonight, so it's currently floating at the bottom of her bed.

 I spent ten years of my life at this gym.  I couldn't resist testing out my skills.  Verdict: not so good anymore!  haha!












I think it's safe to say she had a wonderful party.  She ran, she jumped, she flipped, she swung, she spun, she twirled.  She ran around the whole time with a giant smile on her face.

Today we opened all of her presents, and she got so much good stuff!  She was beyond thrilled to receive stuffed bubble guppies, and I have a feeling they will now be going everywhere with us.  Dustin was gone today, but Eden, Ila, and I had a blast playing with all of Ila's new things!  We sang with the toy microphone stand, put lots of money in her dinosaur piggy bank, chased Mr. Bucket around and around our house, read some new books...  Ila is truly the happiest little thing, but James has definitely put a damper on the amount of attention she gets.  I loved seeing how special she felt the past two days.  Thank you to everybody who came to her party and gave her presents and made her feel oh so loved!  We love you right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment