Tuesday, August 1, 2017

James - Two Months Old


Well time just keeps marching right along, and as of today, I have a two month old!


He had a lot of "firsts" this month!  

Let's see... he attended his first birthday party (my Pops' 85th):


 He celebrated his first holiday:



He took his first trip to the beach and stuck his foot in the Gulf of Mexico:


He rolled over for the first time (July 10th - he did it four times that evening, but he hasn't done it since).  I don't have a picture for this one!

We put him in the swimming pool for the first time.  I just walked around the shallow end with his lower body submerged.  He pretty much had zero reaction:


We introduced him to his swing.  I save it for when I go swimming with Eden and Ila.  It keeps him occupied for an hour or so while I spend some time with them in the pool.  He was so mesmerized by those hanging elephants the first time:



And he took his first overnight trip... we spent a few days in Matagorda this past weekend.  (More on that in a later post!)

This is what James does:

EAT!

EAT!

EAT!

EAT!

Man oh man is it COMPLETELY DIFFERENT nursing this boy compared to his sisters!  There are some days that I feel like ALL I DID THE WHOLE DAY is nurse him!  But I really don't mind.  I'm a cocky nurser... have been with all three... every time they gain an ounce, I'm all, "OH YEAH!  I DID THAT!"

Also, he is a HUGE MAMA'S BOY!  Already.  He wants me.  All the time.  When I do things around the house, I have to strap him to my chest with the baby tula because he cannot stand to not be with me.  When I try to play or read with Eden and Ila, he has to be laying in my lap.  And at night, when I finally take him out of the tula and give him to Dustin so I can shower/brush my teeth/get ready for bed, he screams until I take him in my arms again.  And then we get into bed, and I lay him next to me.  He no longer fits comfortably on my chest, so now I usually just lay him in bed between me and Dustin until he falls asleep.  And a few nights ago, he wiggled and wiggled and wiggled until he managed to move his body until he was touching me, and then he smiled at me!

I love it so freaking much.

Don't get me wrong... it makes life difficult sometimes.  I pretty much get nothing accomplished ever because he won't let me put him down long enough to do anything (right now, as I type this post, he is strapped to my chest), but BABIES DON'T KEEP, DANGIT!

My mom and Grandma Jan both came to watch Eden and Ila do gymnastics today.  Ila's class is mommy & me, so while I did Ila's class with her, my mom and grandma did their best to keep James happy.  He pretty much cried or fussed the entire 45 minutes.  But once that class was over and he was in my arms once more... HAPPY!

I love my little mama's boy!

In addition to nursing, bathtime, and being held, add pacifiers and being outside to the list of things James likes!

On the day he turned 6 weeks old, I dressed him up in Dustin's "coming home" outfit:


And some more pictures of my handsome boy:




And do you want to see the most adorable thing ever?  This evening, when Eden saw me taking James' picture on his blanket next to his stuffed animal, she set up her doll on her blanket next to her stuffed animal and took pictures of the setup on her LeapPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment