Friday, March 6, 2015

a few little things...

Life has been slow lately; we haven't done much.  And I am definitely not complaining!  I'm enjoying this slow part of the year that comes after the busyness of the holidays and before spring and summer when we always seem to have something to do and somewhere to go.  Also, it's frickin' cold outside, so I am more than happy to spend the majority of my time at home in my sweat pants.  Stay-at-home mom perks.

So I don't have too much to report.

Eden got her first haircut last week.


It was time.  Her crazy hair was getting even crazier as evidenced by this picture of her with my dad (she helped him shred one Sunday).


That's after I brushed it!  Her hair was so many different lengths and going out in so many different directions!


And now:




Such pretty little curls!

We've been learning numbers and the ABCs.  We do a number and letter a week, and we're up to 5 and E.  I've also been working with her on writing her name, and she signed her name for the first time on a birthday card last weekend.


some photos of Eden from the birthday party:






She LOVED miniature bowling and got VERY excited when she knocked down pins.



Dustin had a blast at this party too.  I'm actually not sure who had more fun - him or Eden!  He was running around like a big kid and won Eden over 4000 tickets to spend in the little store.

Check out this beautiful table that Mark made for Eden (and eventually Ila)!  I love it so much, and Eden is so happy to FINALLY  have a little table to eat at.  I could never find a little table that I liked, so a couple of months ago, I called my mom and asked if Mark could just make one, and voila!  It's gorgeous!  And exactly what I was wanting for my little old house.


The princess likes to drink her afternoon tea there.



Ila continues to be the happiest baby that ever lived, and her big news is that her bottom two teeth are allllmmmoossssttttttt in.  I can see them, but they haven't poked through yet.  Even with that, she isn't fussy and continues to sleep all night.  I swear.







and some sister love:



No comments:

Post a Comment