Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ila - Four Months


Ila is four months and two days old.

She pretty much does just two things: sleep and smile.  When she wakes up, she just smiles and smiles at us.  Then she falls asleep.  Then she wakes up and smiles some more.

She had her four month check-up yesterday.


She weighs 11 lbs. 6 oz., placing her in the SECOND percentile.  And I thought Eden was my small one!  Like her big sister, she eats lots and lots... she's just small.  And like her big sister, she's perfect and healthy in every way... she's just small.  The doctor said, "I'm not worried at all.  You obviously just make small kids."  I called my mom on the way home from the doctor to tell her how Ila's appointment went, and we were laughing about how small I used to be... how I couldn't open the door to my classroom in kindergarten, how there were second graders taller than me when I was in fifth grade, how I entered high school at 5 feet tall and weighed about 90 pounds.  They get it from their mama! :)

And after all that, I ended up pretty average at 5'4.  It'll be fun to see how they end up!

How can something so little bring us so much happiness?


I could sit and watch her smile all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment