Monday, September 9, 2013

Summer Ain't Over Yet!

As soon as September hit, I'm pretty sure everyone I know started acting like it's fall.  Um... it's ninety-five degrees outside.  It is most definitely NOT fall.  Now, don't get me wrong... I love fall as much as the next person, and when the temperature drops, I'll be all excited over sweaters and pumpkins too.  But right now, I'm still enjoying summer.  On Saturday, the three of us made a day trip to Matagorda.  We had the beach almost to ourselves since everyone else was out buying pumpkins or something.



 

 Eden kept trying to fill her bucket up with water.



But it had a hole in the bottom.


She would proudly bring us the bucket to show us her water, see that the bucket was empty and look so confused.  "Gone gone", she'd tell us and go back to try again.  We let her do it a few times just because it was so cute, but then Daddy to the rescue!



Triumph at last!


The weather was gloriously overcast.  I think I prefer the beach that way.  Dustin and I sat back and watched the storm clouds roll in.  After about two hours, it finally started to rain, so we packed up and went and ate seafood.  On the way home we were treated to a beautiful double rainbow.


The picture (taken on my phone) does not do it justice at all.  I had never seen a rainbow as vibrant as the one on the right.  The red, orange and yellow part of it looked like the sky was on fire.  It was breathtaking.

Yesterday, Eden started Sunday school.


I swear I won't take pictures every Sunday, but I had to on her very first day!  The activity for her class was making a lamb out of cotton bolls.  She concentrated so hard, and I was really impressed with her!




After Sunday school, we stopped by my Granny and Pops' house because Pops is HOME!  Granny opened the door and Eden RAN into her arms!  She was so excited to see them back at their house!  She wrapped her arms around Granny's neck and kept kissing her cheek.  Then Granny walked over to Pops, and Eden leaned over and wrapped her arms around his neck too.  "That's the best thing," Pops said.

First Texans game of the regular season tonight!  And I have the cutest Texans fan EVER!




And one more picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment