Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hand Me Downs

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine posted a picture on Facebook of her little girl wearing an outfit that was hers when she was a baby.  And I thought to myself, "That is brilliant."  A few days later, I went to my dad's house and spent the afternoon going through boxes and boxes of my and my brother's old baby clothes, blankets and toys.  It was really fun.  Most of what my mom saved is too little for Eden to wear now, but I was able to find a few little outfits for her.

Whenever I pack away precious little outfits that Eden has outgrown (especially the fancy dresses that my dad has brought back from Paris or Rome or the clothes that were handmade for her), I always think how special it would be if one day Eden had a daughter who wore them, so I have no idea why it took me so long to dress Eden in my own baby clothes.  Last week, I had fun dressing her up in my old outfits and taking pictures.

 "I'm much too busy playing with sticks to be bothered with looking at the camera.  My mom was a baby in the late 80s.  Does my sweet outfit give it away?  Here's further proof..."
 
"Here's my mom wearing the outfit.  What the heck are my grandma and great-grandma wearing?"
 
This is my favorite:
 
 

But CLEARLY, this is Eden's favorite:
 

 
My best find was a beautiful black velvet dress that I wore for my second Christmas, and now Eden will wear it for hers.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness does Eden look so much like you in that picture of all of us in our '80's pantsuits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought when I saw Baby Jenni in that outfit was... Lisa's hair really grew over the summer!!! Ha ha ha!!! Those pictures are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete