Monday, August 19, 2013

Eden - Nineteen Months


Eden turned the big 1-9 yesterday.  We had a play date at the park yesterday morning and spent the late afternoon and evening at my grandparents' house celebrating my brother's twenty-fifth birthday.  So these pictures got squeezed in after nap time - around two in the afternoon when the Texas sun was glaring down on us.  So she's a little a squint-y and shadow-y.  She pulls it off though.  :)

Eden has been the sweetest little thing.  While she definitely has had temper-tantrum moments, for the most part, she is very sweet and easy-going.  But lately, she's taken it to a whole 'nother level!  For the past few days, she has been SO happy.  If I tell her no, she calmly accepts it.  Yesterday when I was putting her down for her nap, it took her so long to fall asleep because all she wanted to do was kiss me.  She would put her little hand on my cheek and pull me down, lift her head up, kiss me, lay back down for a couple of minutes, then do it again.  Over and over and over.  When I took her outside to take these pictures, I put the chair on the ground, and she immediately sat down on it and let me take a couple of pictures.  Then I said, "Okay, Eden, do you want to go play now?"  She replied, "yeah" and walked off.  That is MUCH different than how these pictures went last month.


At nineteen months, there's definitely a girlie side starting to show itself.  She has a little purse that she likes to carry around now when we go somewhere.  It's a pink furry rabbit, and my step-mom gave it to me for her to have at Easter.  She's only recently started showing interest in it though, and it holds her pink Disney princess cell phone and a pink bracelet that she took out of my jewelry box.  She puts the bracelet on (and holds her hand up so it doesn't fall off), positions the purse on her other elbow, puts the phone up to her ear and says, "Heh-wo."  SO CUTE!

But, to balance that girlie side, her legs are covered in bruises and scratches from days spent outside in the pasture, in the dirt, running after the dogs, yesterday at the park she threw herself head first down every slide she saw, and grasshoppers are her new favorite thing to search for.

see the grasshopper?

Check out all the hair she has these days:


and her chubby little cheeks:


She just keeps getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment