Monday, June 17, 2013

The Beach and Father's Day

Last Monday, Eden and I headed south to go visit my mom for a few days.  I had the BEST time... mainly because I could just relaxxxxx.  Monday night after I put Eden to bed, I thought to myself, "hmmm... I have no kitchen to clean, no toys to pick up, no floor to sweep..."  And I went to bed at 8:00.  Amazing.  Every morning during our visit, I went running and then leisurely rode my mom's bike around her neighborhood.  Eden laughed at my  mom's chickens, played with her dogs, splashed around in a little blow-up pool and ate her first popsicle.  Right before we got there, my mom bought twenty pounds of peaches from the farmer's market, and one evening while she played with Eden, I made peach raspberry jam.  Another evening we put Eden in her stroller and walked to the park.  Eden played on the swings and slide, and then we walked back home.  It was everything summer is supposed to be - fun and relaxing at the same time.  The highlight of course was the day we went to the beach.


Eden had NO fear of the water at all and would confidently walk straight into the ocean.  She was all big and bad until seaweed would touch her leg, and then she would freak out.

 loving it...

 loving it...

omg, seaweed!

At the age of twenty-six, I still react the same way when seaweed touches my leg.  That stuff is GROSS!









We came home Thursday afternoon, just missing Dustin who left that morning for Matagorda for a work trip.  Eden was thrilled to be home and see her own dogs again.  I know this because she kept hugging them.

Yesterday was Father's Day and for lunch, Eden and I went over to my Granny and Pops' house to eat with them and my dad and Susie.

four generations

Dustin got home that afternoon, and after baby and Daddy were reunited, we took the boat to the lake and cruised around for about an hour.



We finished off the day with fresh swordfish and shrimp that Dustin brought back.

On a completely different topic, we have some baby birds under our carport right now.


They are so, so cute, and I like to take Eden and stand up on Dustin's truck so that we can get really close to them and watch them.  The mama and daddy bird really like when we do this.  I feel a little guilty for stressing the mama bird out so much, but they're so adorable, I can't seem to stay away!

And now to go relax with Dustin... I really missed him after not seeing him for six days!

No comments:

Post a Comment