Saturday, April 27, 2013

Favorite Moments

At least once a day, I have a major freak-out about Eden's future - about the world she is growing up in, the world she is going to live in.  Every time I turn on the TV or get on the internet, there's more bad things happening in this country, in this world.  At night I lay in bed, and it's a struggle - I constantly try to pray and hand everything over to God, and it works for a while, and I stop worrying, satisfied with the knowledge that God is in control.... Until the next time that I turn on the TV or get on the internet, and the cycle starts all over.

I remind myself to just take it day by day.  Right now, today, in this hour, we are okay, we are happy.  So sometimes I just have to tune out the big, scary stuff and focus on the little, happy moments.

A few of my favorite moments from the last couple of weeks:

She would swing all day if she could.

A little rain won't keep us from playing outside.

Eden "bakes" while Mama bakes.  And me allowing her to make this mess in my kitchen shows JUST HOW MUCH I wanted oatmeal cookies!

 helping Daddy pick up all the golf balls in the yard after we got done hitting them

Somebody got to lick the spoon after Mama made brownies.

 She is so excited about her new tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment