Thursday, July 4, 2019

Summer Moments

Happy 4th of July!  We actually didn't do anything today except PACK because we are leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for our drive to ALABAMA for my cousin, Caleb's wedding.  I cannot wait!  I love road trips!  We are driving to Alabama tomorrow, spending a couple of days there for the wedding and to visit with family, then we are spending a day in Georgia to go to the aquarium in Atlanta, and then we are driving back to Mississippi and spending a day there before coming home.  We are all so excited!  It took me HOURS today to get everything packed and ready (James made it difficult), and then we spent some time in the pool this evening and Dustin made hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner so that it felt a little 4th-ish.  Now the kids are asleep, and I'm doing a quick post before getting some sleep myself!

Eden has been going nonstop this summer!  She went straight from school to swim team.  The day after swim team was over, we left to spend our week in Matagorda and she did her Gulf Coast Camp.  And then the day after we got home from Matagorda, she started Art Camp!  She was there every day last week from 10-3, and on Friday afternoon, my mom and I went to go see her "art show".

first day

 last day



Eden also had her very first ever sleepover at a friend's house on Saturday!  My girl is growing up!


While she was gone, Ila and I had a Spa Night!


I turned 33 and Dustin turned 34 on the 2nd.  I had such a good day!  My mom came and stayed with the kids that morning, and I went and got a pedicure, a facial, and a haircut.  Then that evening, Dustin and I took the kids to see Toy Story 4.  I am such a big Toy Story fan!  I remember going to see the first one in theaters with my parents when it came out, and now here I am, taking my own kids to see the 4th one!

James's first time going to the movies!  He spilled popcorn everywhere, but overall, he was pretty good!

Bedtime!  See ya soon, Alabama!

No comments:

Post a Comment