Wednesday, February 1, 2017

January Recap

Yay, it's February!  I love February!  According to my Facebook newsfeed this morning, I'm in the minority though?  What's wrong with February?  It has Valentine's Day, and I love Valentine's Day!  Last week, Eden and I already picked out and ordered the Valentine's for her to give out to her classmates!  We DID have the candy to attach to them too... but well, I MIGHT have accidentally eaten all of it last night after I put the girls to bed.  What can I say?  They were Reese's hearts... my weakness.  Good thing I have two weeks to replace it!  ALSO, February puts us closer to SPRING, aka the best time of the year! :) :) :)

But back to January for now.

Dustin always cooks prime rib, greens, and black eyed peas on New Year's Day, but this year he kicked it up a notch for all of our friends that came over, and he even created a menu for the day!


The first weekend in January was FREEZING!  Literally, the temperature barely rose above 32 degrees for a couple of days.  (Yes, northern friends, that's how it always is for y'all, blah, blah, blah...  ;) )  Dustin left the water hose spraying that Friday night so that Eden and Ila woke up to a winter wonderland on Saturday morning in our backyard.  Eden was OVER THE TOP excited and just thought it was SO AMAZING that God sent us some ice from The North Pole.  (She was curious as to why God only put the ice in one little part of our yard though.)   Ila was a little unsure about what was going on at first, but she eventually started enjoying herself and she REALLY enjoyed eating the icicles.















The ice was still there when we woke up on Sunday, so Eden headed back out... this time with her Elsa cape so she could run around pretending she was making the ice!


And somebody for real needs to buy my kids some gloves because I can never remember to do it!  Because it's only cold enough to warrant gloves, like, three days a year.  And on those three days, I have to stay home because I can't function in the cold.  And by the time I go to the store, the weather is warm again, and the last thing on my mind is gloves!  So I always forget.  Then when it's cold, I'm all "dang, I wish they had gloves!"  

By the following Tuesday, the weather was back to 75 degrees, and we were back in the 80s by Wednesday.  THANK GOODNESS!


Somehow this month, our little girl went and turned five on us.  FIVE!

She woke up to balloons...






and pancakes...



and then got ready for school and headed off with cupcakes for all her pre-k friends!




That evening she had dance.


Afterwards, we came home where Dustin was waiting with steak and crab and fried shrimp (all things she had requested), and then we finished the day off with chocolate cake!




For her present, we took her shopping the weekend after her birthday so she could pick out all the things she needs for T-BALL!  (WOOHOO, she's old enough for t-ball, and I cannot wait for it to start because t-ball is the cutest thing EVER!!!!)



We also went bowling that day - Ila's first time!  

Ila had a blast rolling the ball down the slide, but she didn't care to stick around to see if she actually knocked any pins down!

Then this past weekend, we had Eden's birthday party.  It's fun now that she's old enough to have an opinion on things, and I took her to Party City so she could pick out tablecloths and plates and napkins and balloons herself.  She was most excited about the confetti that she found though, and after I sprinkled some on the tables when I was decorating, she exclaimed, "THIS IS JUST LIKE HOW I DREAMED IT!  THIS IS MY BEST PARTY EVER!"

Cake, a bouncy house, horses, a piñata, confetti... What more could a five year old girl want?






 Eden with my Grandma Jan












Instead of gifts for Eden this year, we asked that everybody bring something that we could donate to Texas Children's Hospital.  Eden was PUMPED about this idea after I explained it to her (she's pretty wonderful like that), and we are so grateful to everybody for bringing puzzles and games and coloring books and colors and little toys for Eden to donate!


Also this month, I've subbed a couple of times at Eden's preschool.  Although I've subbed numerous times since she was born and I quit teaching, I had never done it for the itty-bitties before.  She's used to me subbing up at the school, but when I told her that I would be in HER building, she FLIPPED OUT!  She was so dang excited!  I was with the two year olds, not her class, but during recess, she brought all her little friends over to meet me, and when she would see me in the hallway or something, she would announce to everybody around, "THAT'S MY MOM!"  I love, love, love it; it makes my heart so happy!  And it's awesome because I get to bring Ila with me.

And Ila LOVES going to school with her backpack just like Sissy.


Little Baby Boy is growing and doing well... which I know since I'm starting to be able to feel him move and kick! :) :) :)

And that's a wrap.  Bye January!

No comments:

Post a Comment