Sunday, May 22, 2016

Hold Me Close, Young Tony Danza


Eden had her first dance recital yesterday.  IT WAS PRECIOUS!  Completely adorable!  Quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen!


It was not my idea to sign Eden up for ballet last fall; she is the one who came to me asking for "ballerina lessons".  And prior to yesterday, I really wasn't all that into it.  I thought she was cute in her little leotard and tutu at each class, of course, but I was never in dance as a kid and didn't know the first thing about ballet or the dance world.  After the excitement of the recital though, I'm hooked!  I signed up to be the class mom, so I was backstage in a room with all the preschool-aged dancers, and it was so cute and fun, and I'm like, a total dance mom now!  The day was such a high!


Eden was so sweet and so adorable and so CONFIDENT out there on that stage, and I cried during her whole dance!  And even once we got back to the room with all the other little dancers, I COULD NOT STOP CRYING, and I texted Dustin all, "I CAN'T STOP!"  But I was just SO PROUD of her!  


She was on cloud nine, telling me how "everyone who loves me came to see me".  She got flowers from all her grandparents, and she was soooo excited about the little trophy all the dancers got.  She yelled out "MOMMY!" and held up her trophy for me to see from the stage!  (And when we got home last night, she was so nice and wanted all of us to be able to share her flowers with her, so she put one of her bouquets in Ila's room and one by Dustin's side of the bed and one by my side of the bed.)


on stage for the final bow and the awards ceremony

When we got home last night, I asked her if she wanted to do ballet again next year.  She said yes. YAYYYYYY, can't wait!






2 comments: