Sunday, May 10, 2015

Ila - Seven Months


I can't believe that Ila is seven months old today!  That seems impossible!  Not only because it's going by so fast, but because she is so little!  She does NOT look like a seven month old!  I would say she's more the size of a four month old.  She's a good eater though.  I still nurse her every three hours during the day, and food wise, she's now up to bananas, avocados, pears, butternut squash, blueberries, apples and oatmeal.  Pears seem to be her favorite.  She scarfs those down!  I find making baby food to be, like, the most fun thing in the world.  I have no idea why.  But I get so excited to do it.  I'm actually dreading her growing out of the baby food stage - not because she'll be older, but because I won't get to make baby food anymore.

She's still in the bassinet in our room, and I have no desire to move her until she outgrows it.  Which doesn't seem like it'll be anytime soon!  Ila still goes with me to put Eden to bed.  We usually start Eden's bedtime routine between 7 and 7:30, and Ila either rolls around on Eden's floor or sits in my lap (depending on her mood) while we do The Goodnight Moon game, books, prayers, and all that stuff.  I used to take Ila back downstairs with me after that, and she didn't go to bed until Dustin and I did, but this month, I've started nursing her one last time and putting her down in the bassinet right after Eden's bedtime.  So she is usually down for the night by 8 and sleeps until between 5 and 6.  Sometimes she'll fall back asleep after she eats in the mornings; sometimes she's up for the day.  She is still taking three naps every day - two catnaps around 10 and 5 and a really good, long nap around 1.

She is still toothless!

She is still rolling to get places even though poor Eden is constantly trying to show her how to crawl. ("Like this Ila" as she crawls in circles around Ila.)

She is in the grabbing stage and practically throws herself out of my arms to try and grab (and then shove into her mouth) something that she sees.

She loves to be held upside down by her ankles.  It's hilarious.

Sometimes I'm just amazed when I walk by the living room and see her sitting up on a quilt playing with her toys.  I can't believe we're already here!  (A few minutes later though and she's fallen and whining for me to come sit her back up.)

We're having some family pictures taken later this week, and I'm really excited.  Photos of Eden still dominate this house, and I can't wait to have some professional photos of Ila too!




No comments:

Post a Comment