Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mini Vacay

Little Eden is sick right now.  :(  It started last night - one minute she was laughing and running and playing, and the next she was glassy-eyed, falling asleep and had a fever of 102.  It's so sad when they're sick and lethargic and not themselves... but I have enjoyed laying in bed with her all morning watching Disney movies!

She's asleep right now, so I'm gonna take the opportunity to recap last week.  Last Monday, Eden and I headed south and stayed at my mom and Mark's for five days.  Some of you may have seen my mom's Facebook posts mentioning her lack of A/C?  She asked if I wanted to come later in the summer, after her A/C had been fixed, but I had already planned so many things around being gone last week, so I decided to just brave it.  And you do have to be very brave to stay in an un-air-conditioned house in South Texas in July.

But it actually turned out to be good because we were constantly going places to avoid being at the house.  It felt better to be outside than inside, so we went on morning walks and spent evenings at the park.  One day we went to a water park.  The next day to the aquarium.  Another day was spent at Barnes and Noble (yay!) and the mall.  On our last day we drove down to South Padre and spent the day at the beach.  When we came home, Eden was happy, a little sunburned, and exhausted.  All signs of a good summer.

Also, girl is tough.  And fearless.  And independent.  At the water park, on about her 400th trip up the steps to get to a slide, she slipped and fell and even cut the side of her head a little bit.  Did that stop her?  Heck no!  Back to the steps and slide she went after I examined her.  At the beach, she kept trying to go further and further into the ocean, pushing me away when I tried to stop her.  She would be out there attempting to jump over waves, but they would crash into her face.  "Eden, are you okay?"  "YEAH!"  "Eden, do you want to do it again?"  "YEAH!"  She just ran around like a little maniac with waves crashing into her and over her, happy as could be.  My mom says I was the same way.  Dustin was supposedly a little daredevil as well.  I feel like we're definitely going to have our hands full.

Some pictures:




  she looks like she only has one leg






 she discovered my virgin strawberry daiquiri and then drank most of it

She also wanted to be buried in the sand over and over and over and over.  As soon as I would finish burying her, she would pop up, move over about three feet and say, "again".



 wish I remembered what this face was about


She was also very excited about feeding my mom and Mark's chickens every morning and evening.


She's waking up!  Back to the couch for snuggling and Disney movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment