Friday, October 11, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

FAIR TIME!

The fair coming to town brings me almost as much joy as Christmas morning.  Always has.  Always will.  If only the fair were somehow about Jesus, and then it would win.

Dustin took off work yesterday, and the three of us spent the entire day at the fairgrounds.  Just like we did last year.  Just like we will every year.  Until Eden grows up and wants to go to the fair with her friends instead of us.  (tear)

We went to the parade yesterday morning, and Eden faithfully waved at every single float, car, truck, horse, whatever that went by.


After the parade, I immediately walked to the curly-fry stand.  Dustin immediately walked to the beer barn.  Eden got her first taste of fair curly-fries.  (She loved them.  Duh.)  As soon as I was done with my curly-fries, I ate a corn dog.  Once I got my cravings for fair food out of the way, we could move on.

Next up... the carnival.  We played games and won stuffed animals and got into an argument with a carnie who tried to cheat us out of more money.  Good times.  Eden played too.  She went fishing and won herself a duck.



It's her new bath friend.


She visited the Junior Barnyard.

 
 
 

And I definitely think that she needs a miniature horse.


We walked and walked and walked around some more and let Eden take in all the sights.  We had ice cream and sno cones and more beer for Dustin.


We showed Eden all the show animals.  Dustin showed animals in 4-H growing up, and he wants his kids to show animals as well.  I never showed animals - I couldn't bear the thought of raising an animal and then having to sell it and have somebody eat it.  But since it's important to Dustin, and if Eden is interested in following in his footsteps one day, I guess I'll go along with it.  So I came up with a plan.  After looking over all the animals yesterday, I decided that Eden should show lambs.  And when it comes time to sell, I'll just have my dad buy it.  And we'll choose a pasture for all of Eden's lambs to come home to each year.  It'll be just like we live in Ireland with a bunch of sheep around.  I'm really looking forward to buying some baby lambs for Eden to raise now.  I'm not sure how Dustin will like my plan, but he should just be happy that I'm on board with Eden showing an animal at the fair.

We also stopped by the country store so that I could stock up on homemade pickles.

We had the BEST day.  I'm already looking forward to next year when maybe Eden will be tall enough to ride a few rides!


Dustin and I are planning on going back to the fair on Saturday night with some friends so Eden will be having her first sleepover at my dad and Susie's house.  EEK!  Actually half a sleepover since I am planning on going to get her at 2 am when we get home.  Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment